June 30, 2008

The truth always moves me...

I am amazed more and more each day by the way that God has loved us and given us the privilege of sharing His good news with all that we meet. Each time I hear the story of how He loved us unto His own death I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Each week for Up2Hope we have a theme and this week's theme is eternal life. Each day we will be talking about the different aspects of what it means to have peace, especially in our relationship with God and others. I had my lesson all planned out for today and then this morning during breakfast the girls started asking some weird questions. As I listened to their questions the Spirit spoke to me reminding me that many of these precious girls may never have been told about the love that Jesus has for them. Maybe they've heard about the way he died on the cross, but do they know that He rose again and now lives to give us life? Do they know that He desires to be with us at all times and to be all that we need? Do they know that He wants to give them hope beyond their circumstances and use them to change their home, their neighborhood, and the world? I know this is starting to sound a little idealistic, or maybe I am sounding like one of those street corner evangleist, but it is true. It really is TRUE! Jesus, God himself, put on flesh, and came down to earth to be born lowly and humble. He grew up and showed us the Kingdom here on earth. He loved with all His heart and felt deeper compassion than we can fathom. He loved with all His heart and in return He was killed, but He did not resist He walked the long road of suffering because at the end He saw that His dream of being with us one day would become reality. He died because He loved us and desired that we could truly live. As I shared the gospel with the girls I began weeping trying to explain that what I was telling them would change their lives. I wept becaus He has changed my life. I pray that He has changed your life and that because of His love you live different. How could we not live different? How could we just keep living the same old way, doing the same old things when we have found this kind of love. We cannot stay the same, dear family, we must begin living as new people.

2 comments:

Joel Spencer said...

Great post guys. The reality of Jesus' sacrifice should never grow old and sharing it with others should never feel rehearsed. I'll never forget when I realized for the first time, what Jesus really did choose to do for me.

Your passion and your following the Spirit as you did will surely reveal this reality to those that you're ministering to. Even miles away, you guys continue to challenge me.

Looking forward to many more great reports...

Anonymous said...

Just keep it coming....
Love you a ton!
Jen